Welcome to Lands Trust Masterton
Founded by the Masterton Trust Lands Act in 1871, the officially named Masterton Trust Lands Trust was entrusted with the ownership and management of land not sold to settlers, on behalf of the people of Masterton.
The original £165 parcel of land has evolved into a significant holding of prominent commercial land and buildings throughout the town centre worth $58 million today.
The Trust manages around 100 tenants across 80 properties and is continually engaged in upgrading, developing and preserving its sites and buildings.
Income generated through these leases has fostered progress in the Masterton township since 1871 through the provision of grants and scholarships to support educational, cultural and community initiatives.